Once While Empty

Hearing insanity toiling

through the moving wall

that pulses in astonishment

though expresses no emotion.

All of this soupy mess is mine.

, , ,

1. #1 by johnnycrabcakes on September 3, 2014 - 1:25 pm

Mmmm….I love soup. 😉

• #2 by Carl on September 9, 2014 - 2:31 pm

I was hoping there was someone out there who loved soup, maybe even French Onion soup with loads of croutons mucking it up.

• #3 by johnnycrabcakes on September 15, 2014 - 4:46 pm

My soup is usually more crouton/cracker than soup.
        Oh, yeah, and cheese. Lots and lots of cheese!

2. #4 by Hudson Howl on September 3, 2014 - 8:57 pm

You speak truth, with no hint of of denial. If you can see it, speak to it through poetry in your case, someone else another medium. True, ones own insanity is theirs, but if you have an audience then one is not alone with it. Yes? You write, I listen, write enough and at the very least I understand it better over time.

3. #5 by clinock on September 5, 2014 - 12:55 am

Our soupy messes, our moving walls, our toiling insanity, our beautiful Our-ness…if I could walk the walk and talk the talk with you tonight amongst Pacific driftwood by moon-touched waves, I hear us laughing at laughter…

• #6 by Carl on September 9, 2014 - 2:29 pm

I’m lifted by your identifying words. Thank you so much for the comment!

4. #7 by Kay Camden on September 8, 2014 - 11:10 pm

I love your word choice. Toiling…pulses…soupy. I’ve kept this one in my inbox and I’ve read it several times. Sometimes I think the only indicator of good writing (versus not-good writing) is word choice.

• #8 by Carl on September 9, 2014 - 2:30 pm

Oh, Kay, thank you! Your words are very kind! I’m going to keep trying!

5. #9 by Carl D'Agostino on October 1, 2014 - 5:56 am

“Hearing insanity toiling.” It does toil. Works very hard at making me more crazy.

6. #10 by claudia on January 12, 2015 - 11:28 am

hey… how are you…?
    the image of the wall showing no emotion is strong….hope the mess is not too bad anymore…

7. #11 by Carl D'Agostino on June 8, 2015 - 12:13 pm

Have you been posting? Hope you are well.

8. #12 by Carl D'Agostino on October 13, 2015 - 8:39 am

Thanks for visit today. Regards…

9. #13 by Evelyn on December 4, 2015 - 7:04 am

“All of this soupy mess is mine.”
    sigh, yea. mine too…

10. #14 by Carl D'Agostino on December 27, 2015 - 6:48 pm

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Father and I left Miami in January and now live in Greensboro, NC.

11. #15 by Carl on December 27, 2015 - 8:36 pm

Thank you, Carl. I hope Greensboro is good to you. I hope to break my creative block in the new year.

12. #16 by Victoria C. Slotto on May 8, 2016 - 2:48 pm

Powerful emotion expressed in so few words.

13. #17 by kutukamus on August 25, 2016 - 2:43 pm