My Cup Says Hope, My Ass

from the others.

I might be
if I could
poetry all day.

, , , , , , ,

1. #1 by stillight on August 6, 2013 - 9:44 pm

To write poetry ALL day… if only. Great piece, Carl!

• #2 by Carl on August 7, 2013 - 6:13 am

Haha! We can dream, right? Thank you for your comment, Jennifer.

2. #3 by Jamie Dedes on August 6, 2013 - 10:31 pm

Wonderful piece. Last stanza: outstanding. Nice work.

• #4 by Carl on August 7, 2013 - 6:14 am

You are very kind, Jamie. Thank you for your visit and your comment!

3. #5 by Carl D'Agostino on August 7, 2013 - 1:06 pm

Have you thought of self publish book? My first 100 cartoon book with create space should be ready soon. It is print on demand through amazon. I have had to shell out over $1,800 as start up. One reason is set up 100 full color plates not mere text and book will be expensive to manufacture as well putting sale cost at $17.00 with $2.00 royalty per book for me. You could get going for less than half of that cost.

• #6 by Carl on August 7, 2013 - 9:04 pm

But you have audience for your magnificent work! 🙂

Despite my lack of confidence, I have entered a couple contests, but I never contemplated publishing. Unlike your situation, I think I would try to e-publish and not worry about a book/book. I haven’t used color and formatting tricks have not been part of my hand.

I appreciate your generous comments.

4. #7 by claudia on August 7, 2013 - 3:56 pm

sometimes for me writing poetry helps in moments when i’m totally down – sometimes i just can’t get a single word to paper… it depends..on what…? i dunno exactly…

• #8 by Carl on August 7, 2013 - 9:06 pm

I don’t know either. Sometimes, if I just have one image, I just need to pick up the pen and things seem to flow. Thanks for the visit, Claudia.

5. #9 by Jamie Dedes on August 13, 2013 - 10:09 am

I just found your “Carl’s Little Still Fugue” .. how charming! I couldn’t figure out how to “Like” or comment there, but I did what to let you know that the photographs in the first were were much enjoy. 🙂

• #10 by Carl on August 14, 2013 - 10:53 am

Thank you, Jamie! I have fun with that thing. Some of the photos on Tumblr are amazing, and it is built for reblogging things like that