Thank you to Seabell for the award nomination, cheering me into spring!
7 Random Facts About Me:
- I dreamed of being a successful composer years ago and obtained my degree in music composition. I was diverted by the need for money (and lack of talent), but I love to create anything, whatever the medium.
- I really do try to write poems on happy topics. Sometimes.
- I have five dogs at home and would have more if it were not for the restraint of my wife. My wife and I also own a dog daycare and boarding business, which is a lot of fun but not a get-rich-quick scheme, so I still work my day job in banking compliance.
- I LOVE racing on two wheels and four wheels, with or without motors, but I should say I love WATCHING racing. I’m not a gear head, but I love contests that involve humans, machines, nature (yes, rain, dirt, ice, snow, and TREES!), and that have far more than two teams. I like human drama. I also love watching hockey and I love playing racquetball.
- I’m thinking of a dramatic career change and I am way too old to do that.
- This is my second blog. My first one, which was terminated in 2004 sometime, explored politics, racing and music, mostly politics. Politics wore me down, beat me up, discouraged me, and made me realize that there are far better ways to do life. I want this to be a place where I can write about trying to live life whether through poetry, fiction, essays, painting or photography. NO POLITICS for me but I can’t say the same for racing and music.
- My general impression is that I am quite undeserving of these types of awards, but I fight that impression because I want to be part of a community.
Now, here are some bloggers I’d love to honor with the award even if it’s not their kind of thing and even if they’ve received it 19 times already, which I’ve learned is the nature of these kinds of things. These people keep me challenged, keep me encouraged, keep me going, and I’d say keep me alive but you’d think me a drama queen:
- Evelyn (a masterful teacher)
- Victoria at liv2write2day (she is so generous with her time)
- Marian at Runaway Sentence
- Heather at Where the Butterflies Go (another kind and generous soul)
- Kathy at darlinblog
- Adam at The Dustus Blog
- Claudia at SPLITTERGEWITTER
- Southern Musings
- the tenth muse
- Reading and Writing by Pub Light
- Read Between the Minds
- Lynnaima’s Blog
Thanks again to Seabell for the nice award!