Clean Free

I want to wear white to work.
Not Dark pants, but white hat, with razor red letters.
bright white like a Cheer commercial.
People would say,
“That boy is free.”
I would have no boss.
But I would do everything right
when no one is looking.
White shirt and serious caution
with my food and drink.
No tie.

, , , , , ,

1. #1 by undeniablymaybe on February 18, 2011 - 7:48 am

Brilliant, man…brilliant.

• #2 by Carl on February 18, 2011 - 9:26 pm

That is big flattery. I really appreciate your kind words.

2. #3 by Jamie Dedes, all rights reserved on February 18, 2011 - 9:11 am

Dream jobs … Do wear some pants though, Carl. 😀

• #4 by Carl on February 18, 2011 - 9:28 pm

further proof that I need an editor! I have an idea. I’ll show my work! Thank you for your comment!

• #5 by Marian on February 19, 2011 - 9:14 am

hahaha! i did think you meant “not white pants” and honestly, i want you to wear pants but not white ones, if you must know.

• #6 by Carl on February 19, 2011 - 1:25 pm

Okay, Marian, what color??? 🙂

3. #7 by liv2write2day on February 18, 2011 - 12:37 pm

This is so good. I have to agree with Jamie, though. Pants are a good idea. Especially in the cold climes of Kansas.

• #8 by Carl on February 18, 2011 - 9:29 pm

I’m thinking this may be a method for not having a job for long? Thank you for your comment, Victoria!

4. #9 by Jingle on February 19, 2011 - 8:48 pm

This is super creative.

sometimes, we do enjoy being out of normal box.

• #10 by Carl on February 20, 2011 - 8:43 am

Thank you, Jingle!

5. #11 by Jingle on February 19, 2011 - 8:48 pm

Greetings, how are you? Your absence is missed, I wish you well!
    Hope to see you in Poets Rally Week 38, find Thursday Poets Rally in the header area.

Love your poetry talent and looking forward to a profound experience with your input.

Cheers.
    xoxox

• #12 by Carl on February 20, 2011 - 8:45 am

Thank you, Jingle! Life is full of chaos right now, so I’m not sure I can meet the conditions, but I hope to participate in the next rally.