Another Day at Work as the Gray Box Clown

Death found an author writing his life.. Desig...

Image via Wikipedia

The tent is high and so am I.
Bounce with monkeys red and green.
Stupid side show, and here I am.
Gray box, gray box, death box.

Elephant shifts to her left and right,
I am the dead clown, riding on top.
Blue Tissy-Tinky, my name is Tassy.
Gray box, blue freak, death box.

Horn on my truck, horn on my nose.
Today, no sun, I ainโ€™t worth shit.
Cut my ears off and honk my nose.
Gray box, shit face, death box.

Call me the gnarly, gray box clown.
Honk real big, tiger shits me out.
Gray box, fly away, death box.
Gray box, bang-bang, death box.

, , ,

1. #1 by buttercup600 on January 20, 2011 - 11:15 pm

Cuts to the bone this one my friend…..you are so very creative and I loved the way you portrayed “another day” here!! Brilliant oxoxo

• #2 by Carl on January 21, 2011 - 6:34 am

Thank you, Amanda! I appreciate your comment!

2. #3 by Life: Between the lines on January 21, 2011 - 7:39 am

Carl, I enjoyed the play of words but I wish to know what you were portraying if you wish to explain. I see it as a fun piece, describing someone going through the motions of life, seeing it as a sideshow, not enjoying it much with a lot on her plate…is this what this is about? Am I reading it the way you wished or…? Thanks

• #4 by Carl on January 21, 2011 - 9:24 pm

Lynn, I like what you are getting from it! Someone lacking purpose was the feeling, and really, I was trying to be goofy with words and make it musical, but it was not the best experiment. It is what I would call morbid humor about how fruitless can be yet how stupid it is that we take that problem seriously.

It was a little experiment, fun while it lasted…

3. #5 by Marian on January 21, 2011 - 12:42 pm

Carl. dark and delicious words here, forgive me for describing dark as delicious. shit face, fly away, bang bang. love how it sounds. wanna sing it while jumping rope. darkly jumping rope!

• #6 by Carl on January 21, 2011 - 9:26 pm

Yes, Marian! That was the feel – Darkly jumping rope – I love that! A lot of times I feel either a serious music with the words or in this case more of a humorous, fatalistic type of music, but when it is on paper, I don’t like it anymore!

4. #7 by Evelyn on January 21, 2011 - 9:00 pm

Marian said it perfectly.
    the stanzas are very effective. Very focused writing.

• #8 by Carl on January 21, 2011 - 9:27 pm

Thank you, my friend! Focus is usually not something associated with me. ๐Ÿ™‚

• #9 by Evelyn on January 23, 2011 - 7:48 pm

This and ” Looking For Her Forever”…
        both so very sharp and focused images. for me anyway…

• #10 by Carl on January 23, 2011 - 8:38 pm