The Bears Are Winning

Crawling bears wade
gracefully, almost inside

the fused pieces of blacktop
as I ask god, my neck like

a garden hose lost in thin,
light clouds which hide

the screaming, fierce opposition,
the devil, please god, intercede

for me, help me discover
my own center, don’t allow

them to drag me to my cubicle,
as terrible music stings my ears,

traffic from neighbors pauses, and my
dusty black car hops on the backs

of the bears, as I feel already roasted,
yes, toasted, unable to jump out,

unable to find my exit.

, , , , ,

1. #1 by Michele Seminara on March 17, 2014 - 3:59 pm

Scary, Carl! Thanks for sharing how this feels for you.

• #2 by Carl on April 10, 2014 - 9:14 pm

My gratitude is expressed in a tardy fashion, but thank you for your comment!

2. #3 by clinock on March 18, 2014 - 12:53 am

phew Carl, very, very powerful my friend and darkly beautiful…

• #4 by Carl on April 10, 2014 - 9:15 pm

Thank you, John. Your kindness in reading and generous comments is reassuring to me.

3. #5 by adamfromnorway on March 18, 2014 - 2:32 am

Good morning!

Here is an opportunity to get a poem or two published in an international publication.

Emne: Call for Submissions for Prosopisia (June 2014)

Dear All,

We are planning for the next issue of Prosopisia (Our regular biannual international journal of poetry and creative writing) scheduled for June 2014 , for which I request you to kindly e-mail us your contributions in the form of poetry, short stories or any creative piece. We would appreciate if you could send us the same by 15th April 2014 .

This beside, I would appreciate if you could spread the message among your co-poets and writers to contribute to Prosopisia.

I am also pleased to inform you that the MSS of the proposed anthology of contemporary world poetry- The Second Genesis has gone to the printer and the Academy hopes to launch the book very soon. Please visit our Facebook page for more information. We would appreciate it if you could share the news and our Facebook page with your friends around the world.

Looking forward to hearing from you

Moizur Rehman Khan
    Project Manager

Contact us:
    5-A(II), Mayoor Colony,
    Alwar Gate,
    Ajmer-305008 (India)
    Phone No.: 0091-145-2660016, 0091-145-2642118
    Fax No.: 0091-145-2660010

• #6 by Carl on April 10, 2014 - 9:17 pm

Adam, you’re very kind to share this. I still have time! I might push forth with this.

• #7 by adamfromnorway on May 24, 2014 - 8:02 am

Great … I hope you do! I just received the previous anthology in the post — great publication!

4. #8 by ślub Blog on July 9, 2015 - 6:04 am

Great beat ! I would like to apprentice while you
    amend your site, how could i subscribe for a blog site?
    The account helped me a acceptable deal. I had been a
    little bit acquainted of this your broadcast offered bright clear concept